M&S voice / Nigella Lawson Voice, Carlos Santana – Samba Pa Ti playing in the background… *
These are my Ultimate Double Chocolate Olive Oil Cookies, topped with a light chocolate sauce …
½ cup (100 g) white caster sugar
¾ cup (165 g) brown sugar
2 pinches of flaky salt
½ cup (115 g) olive oil
1 tablespoon of espresso powder
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups (155 g) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
4oz (110g) dark chocolate
4oz (110g) white chocolate
(for the sauce)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
20g dark chocolate
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, salt, and olive oil until a paste forms with no lumps.
2) Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk and remain for a short while before falling back into the mixture.
3) Sift in the flour, espresso and cocoa powder and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula.
Fold in the chocolate chunks. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4) Scoop the dough with a small ice-cream scoop onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space between cookies and 2 inches (5 cm) of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
5) Bake for 9 minutes and leave to set.
For the chocolate sauce, simply melt 20g chocolate with a tablespoon of coconut oil and Drizzle in top of the cookies.